Friday, January 2, 2009

Laos Photos

I hate to be predictable... but man I loved Laos. Like, I REALLY loved Laos. I´d damn near say it´d be in my top 5, except that I´ve been to Burma, Sri Lanka, El Salvador, India, and Ethiopia already. Hard to beat those. That being said, I´ll have to try to keep these limited...

I know this photo is bordering on gross... but I can´t help but laugh when I see it. Jesus Christ. We milked these buggers every morning, (and I think they milked them at night too), but for some reason, this particular one was always overflowing with milk. My god that looks so uncomfortable. Phoundindaeng Village, Laos.


Muang Ngoi is one of those places that you can´t explain, exactly. It´s not like there´s that much to do--- and for how tiny the village is, there´s actually kind of a lot of tourists. It´s cheap, but then again, what in Laos isn´t? And yet... there´s just something about it that keeps one reminiscing and thinking, and just MISSING it. Here´s an afternoon spent getting WHOOPED in dodgeball by some neighborhood kids. I looked like a total ass. I´m also not sure what Kevin´s doing in the background there, but it makes me giggle every time I look at this photo. Muang Ngoi, Laos.


After a delightful afternoon in the boonies, Lior, Kevin, Mandy and I began our walk home. Our 3 hour walk home. If we had only turned around when Mandy said we should. -sighs- At least we got a work-out and this sweet photo. Muang Ngoi, Laos.

OK, so I won´t lie-- I used saturation on this photo... but had I not, it wouldn´t have done Don Det justice! I´m irritated with myself for not having saved enough time to enjoy 4,000 islands properly. With only a day left on my visa, I had to scoot. But, I´m grateful that I was brave enough to fight my way through the clouds of mosquitos on the island to find this spot. Man, I wonder what it would have been like to be the first farang to see this. Paradise. Blissful paradise. Don Det, 4,000 Islands, Laos.

No comments:

Post a Comment