Monday, September 1, 2008

Photos



This is one of the volcanoes that surround Antigua. There are three of them that you use as reference points to kind of orient yourself around the city (assuming you could tell them apart, which I couldn't/can't) The girls I was traveling with at the time had this hotel room on the roof, and we would watch them erupt while making dinner and bullshitting about what girls bullshit about. It was nice.






This is Lago Atitlan. I don't know how to make the little hair thingy above the "a"... this was on the boat ride from Panajachel to San Pedro.

















San Pedro... the shore and a very tiny Jeremy. I went kayaking
in there for the first time in my life. Beautiful!




















This is me at Pacaya, I think on the 5th of this month (may). It was pretty freaking hot up top... especially when the ground beneath you is kind of just sprinkled on top of the lava. It was nice to evaporate the rain off though.




This here is a photo my buddy Sheen took from the dock found off the bridge from Santa Elena to Flores. We spent about 2 hours there watching the sun set over this beautiful place and talking to these two Guatemalan kids we met there. This is only one of several hundred photos taken between Sheen, Sjorj, and my cameras.



There's really no adequate way to describe this sunset, so I thought it most prudent to just post the photo.








The Scrabble board after an afternoon of trying to teach extremely competitive Guatemalan kids English. It's amazing how little you care about their education when you feel like your pride is at stake. Allah, Jedi, and Goober were mine... and I insist that I wasn't in any way trying to push a religious agenda.... only win at Scrabble.








This is my butt cliff jumping in San Marcos. This is one of the smaller cliffs. A pic of me taking the bigger one can be found on my facebook. The odd thing about it was that the jump itself was just half of why it was scary. You can´t see it in this picture, but there was a crazy pitt bull that would attack anyone that jumped in the water. Once you were out, you were okay, but he´d go after you as soon as you got in, so you´d surface and have to fight a dog. Shiran (down there at the bottom) got a pretty good battle wound on her shoulder from him.

1 comment: