Friday, September 12, 2008

Thailand Photos

So, I haven´t got that many photos to upload here. I´m not sure what happened, but all my photos from Pai Canyon somehow disappeared in the mad rush to make sure my Angkor photos all came out perfectly. Harumph! My April self is so short-sighted. Other than that, most of these are party pics from the day or two I spent in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. I don´t have much else, because- let´s be honest... I didn´t like Thailand.

This is one of the things I DID like about Thailand. Well, TWO things I liked about Thailand. #1- I liked that I met Ben. An oddball, to be sure--- but although I met him on his second day of traveling, EVER... he was one of the best traveling partners I had had in a while. Laid-back, easy-going, and he had oodles of stories about shooting guns that kept an arms neophyte like myself absolutely captivated. #2- One of the best things about South East Asia is that EVERYBODY scoots. Men, women, children... sometimes all three (in plural form) on the same scooter. Good times.



I´m not sure what it is about this photo that keeps me laughing almost half a year afterwards. I think it´s the pleasure of saying it out loud. ¨WE BUY THING!!!! ..... -cough- .... s¨Hahahahhaa.


Everyone that has been to Thailand who enjoys a frothy cold one at the end of the day has had a Chang beer. It´s so strange. We all agree it tastes like piss, we all agree that it´s not actually that cheap, and we all agree that when submerged upside-down in water, an unsettlingly murky substance that isn´t beer creeps from the mouth of the bottle .... and yet... we all drink it. I grew to love it- much like how the newly freed prisoner will creep back into the darkness in Plato´s Cave. I kept creeping back to Chang. It took forced relocation to cure me.

No comments:

Post a Comment