Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nicaragua Photos


This is me ¨volcano boarding¨... There were several shots to choose from, but I decided that this one was the best to post due to the fact that it´s impossible to tell how fucked up I am from this distance. Eating shit on volcano rubble is much different than eating shit on snow or water.



I am going to probably post this one twice because I am going to write a short post on this, but here is the view from the Mirador of the Bioreserve Miraflor near Estelí, Nicaragua. It was quite a hike to get here, but once there, it was absolutely beautiful. One of the best things I´ve done in Central America so far. Kudos to Trev and Kyri for cluing me in..





This is me at the port of San Juan del Sur at sunset... it´s hard to see all the boats from this view-- but this town is built on a tiny crescent shaped bay into which the boats come to dock. At sunset, all you can see is the brilliant colors of the sky and all the lanchas silhouetted against the horizon.



This is Dara, chasing crabs in the middle of the night. While hanging out outside, we stupidly left the front door of our room open to the dozens of crabs running about on Playa Maderas. We thought there were only three-- there ended up being over 10. Our method of elimination involved a broom, a dustbin, and lots of terror... on the crabs´parts, anyway. It was a bit like curling.

Getting crabs isn´t as easy as people think it is.



I have to throw in this last pic of Trev and his horrible Amelia Peabody book. One crucial bit of information I try to pass on to other travelers is to NEVER trade a good book that you´ve already read for a terrible book you´ve yet to read. Poor Trev was stuck with this awful embarrassment to English literature for over 2 weeks, being unable to trade it for anything else. I eventually passed on my Jules Verne and Jeff Eugenides books to him and Kyri... I chose to go without rather than drag the Peabody around with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment