Sunday, September 7, 2008

India Photos

India-

Oh India. I hated you. I loved you. I thought you were overrun with tourists, and I thought I might be the only person alive inside you. How is it possible to choose but a few pictures for 2 1/2 intoxicating months?

I'm going to choose this picture, but only because I think this is the only one I never put on my facebook. I was trying for a ninja kick-- but as you can see, 2 weeks of Tae Kwon Do at the age of 12 doesn't amount to much. Thanksgiving Day, 2009. Agra, India.

I chose this picture as well, even though I know I posted it somewhere else. Tom and Poppy (not featured) were the first people in nearly 2 months of travel that I had more than a cursory conversation with. This is Tom serenading our Singaporean mafia on Anjuna beach. First week of December, Anjuna, India.

I've posted this photo a bunch, but I never get tired of it. Henrik- you're a genius! This is from the top of Matanga Hill, in Hampi, India. I've also got to post one of Emil- the first and only person I've ever travelled with for more than a month, and indeed, the only person I can stand for 24 straight hours, several weeks at a time (albeit not without having to rip ruthlessly at his knee-pit hair every now and again to keep him in line). It almost looks fish-eyed here... but no, that's just Hampi. Wonderful, breathtaking, and my favorite place in India. Hampi, India.

I have only a few travel mottos that I 100% believe in: If it's Not a Good Time, it's a Good Story, Pack Light, There's Always a Cheap Option, and The Quality of your Trip is Dependent on the Quality of the People in it. That being said- I've got to post one of my Swedes (Matt, I count you here- your Swedish is too good!) It's of course, very easy to find people you like when you travel... but to find people that you like still one month 2 countries, and 5 cities later? RARE! Gotta love them- best party and travel mates I'd had in a long time. Left to right- Emma, Emil Henrik and Matt. Love you guys! NYE party, Shiva Valley, Anjuna, India.

I've uploaded a lot of scenic pictures of India all over my posts and facebook- so I thought I'd post this. The last picture I took of the country--- the back of an average newspaper. Zero in on some of these--- if I'm still single at 50- I might be revisiting this page of the paper with more interest. Tiruchirapalli, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment