Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cambodia Photos


I´ve been putting off updating this section because most of my Cambodia photos are really depressing. Loved it there, loved it loved it loved it. .... which is perhaps why seeing dozens of human skulls in a giant pile at the Killing Fields brings me something less than joy. Anyway, here we go.

I'm only going to post one photo of the Choung Ek Killing Fields because it makes me really sad. After a few war-torn countries and poverty striken areas, you start to become really desensitized to it all. Choung Ek will wake you up. 17,000 people. Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

So, I'm not sure what it was about Kampot that I liked so much. It was buggerly hot, there wasn't actually very much to do, and everyone I was hanging out with kept telling me that there were crocodiles in the water. Anyway, this is a sweet view of this cool field that Matt and I passed on our way to the most delicious dinner ever - Rusty Keyhole, if you're interested -. It's not easy to explain what you love about a place. I'll let the picture do the talking. Kampot, Cambodia.

Koh Rong's sandflies are NOTHING against my E-Cran... an odd tube of sweet smelling something that may make my gums tingle, but keeps the bugs away. This means that I can enjoy myself outside to views like this. Man, I wish I'd taken more pictures that day... this was one of the most beautiful places I'd ever seen. Koh Rong Island, Cambodia.

So, I have to post a picture of Matt. Matt was a funny Australian I met in Kratie that told me on the sly that he had accidentally deleted a giant folder of very important information for his company... which would cost them numerous hours and countless Aussie dollars (so, countable US dollars) to replace. We spent most of our time together thinking of probable excuses to tell his boss. Other than that- this was the second time we saw each other... on one of his breaks from work. Sihanoukville, Cambodia.

One last photo of Angkor Wat. I've seen some Wonders of the World. I've seen some that have sucked (Tikal), and I've seen some that were bomb diggity good (Giza). NOTHING compares to what I saw here ... except Machu Picchu. They are tied for top. Check out this shit. Got up at 4 in the morning and got my ass on a bike to ride around ALL day at Angkor. If it wasn't for the fact that Alex and I were literally melting, we may never have gone home. Angkor Wat, Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment