Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back in Guatemala


Just gonna quickly update here as I´ve been on this computer for something like 3 hours trying to get my pics uploaded. For real, 3 hours for 15 photos... there´s something unconstitutional about that... but check out this cool pic I took of the rain falling over the lake. Sweet, no?

Back in Guatemala after 2 weeks of hard core studying Spanish in Copan, Honduras. I spent the first two days here back in Antigua boozing until I blacked out. Ohhh, Antigua.... then on to San Pedro (once again) to chill out and take a few more days of language school before I head to El Salvador. My new language school is half the price, but seriously a fourth of the quality of my last one. My instructor rolls into my lessons every day high as a kite and spends the majority of my 3 hour class philosophizing on the existence of shape-shifters. I haven´t gotten a word in edgewise, and I haven´t learned a thing in the last 2 lessons. Ugh.

I´ve been hanging with some cool peeps and running into tons of people I´ve met on my trip. This really is a very tiny region. Having a good time but I think I´m ready for El Salvador next week. Trev, are you reading this? Where are we meeting up??

OK... my head hurts from being on this thing for too long. Here´s a cute picture of a kid in the San Pedro market the day before yesterday. Her mother had a basket full of live turkeys for sale. I amused myself greatly here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes my dear, I am reading away.... all the time because i am a quasi-stalker. Check facebook =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you Sam? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete